Monday, April 27, 2015

One of Our Favorite Entertaining Menus


When we hosted family for Carson's recent milestone 16th birthday, we offered one of our all-time favorite entertaining menus. Here is a peek at our dinner buffet.






Positioned with the cake and Carson's 9-month photo -- one of my favorites from his first year -- a blue-and-white rabbit from Hobby Lobby makes a sweet centerpiece to honor my springtime baby. I asked Carson yesterday if he might want to display the figurine as a memento of the party. He laughed and said, "Ah, no, Mom. I do not want a bunny in my room." We agreed that I can keep it to remember that he is my bunny. Thankfully, even though porcelain bunnies aren't on this teenage boy's wish list, dinner with family is. Here is our menu of springtime dishes.








Carson's 16th Birthday Dinner Menu

Grapes, Cheese Ball with Crackers, & Crudites with Ranch

Tossed Green Salad
Corn Salad
Broccoli Slaw
Sliced Tomatoes with Feta
Fresh Strawberries
Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Hash-Brown Potato Casserole
Green Beans
Squash-and-Zucchini Medley
Grilled Garlic Bread

Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream






Joe's mother made the salad, broccoli slaw, and squash and zucchini medley -- such nice additions to our menu for 26.






All of these fresh vegetables and fruits added vibrant color and garden-fresh appeal.






I knew fresh strawberries would be a hit with the little ones!






My uncle declared this grilled pork tenderloin the best he had ever tasted. It's one of Joe's specialties, so I will share the secrets of this delicious dish in my next post.






As the guest of honor, Carson was first in line for this feast of family favorites.






Chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream made the perfect finish to our happy celebration. Look for a Pin-worthy recipe for grilled pork tenderloin in my next post!



"Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life!" ~ Albert Einstein

Photos by Nathan Prichard. Used with permission.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin