Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Custom Pajama Party




When we celebrated daughter Emma's 6th birthday recently with a slumber party, matching custom pajamas were a must. I searched high and low for the perfect fabric for pajama pants, and I had almost given up when I found the most precious flannel ever. It was love at first sight! In fact, this Tanya Whelan fabric from Quilt Home became the inspiration for the whole party.






I made ruffled pajama pants and an appliqued tee for the six girls at Emma's party. I used the Sugar Hill flannel print for all the pants, but trimmed two pairs of pants in each of the three coordinating prints I bought from Beth's Heirloom Sewing in Wetumpka. I layered the check and polka dot fabrics on the girls' tees, making sure each girl's applique matched the ruffle on her pants. Here is the Birthday Girl in her PJs.





Isn't Emma a cutie in her pink and green? I used New Look pattern 6641 for the pants, shortening the length to accommodate a ruffle. I found long-sleeved tees on clearance at Target and the heart applique machine embroidery design free at Planet Applique. I used a shabby applique technique on the shirts, which you can learn more about here. Working on pajamas for Emma's party reminded me of the PJs I made two years ago for Mary Ashley's 6th birthday.




I nearly cried when I looked back at these photos! At 6 and 4, Mary Ashley and Emma looked like such babies. Just look at those little cheeks! Today at 8 and 6, they aren't quite as little, but they are just as precious.





And they are still the best of friends!




Still to come, party decor, menu and activities. And by the way, I am pleased to introduce Sweet Tea Paperie to my sidebar. Check out this great gift shop for personalized products and more!



Blog Widget by LinkWithin