Friday, October 21, 2011

A Barrel of Monkey Gift Ideas





With my nephew and niece in mind, I have searched the jungle for the cutest monkey merchandise. You will find a few of my favorites in this post, like the Little Monkey plates pictured above from Lipstick Shades.









I go bananas over smocking, and these hand smocked garments would be such cute party attire. (Hula Monkey tee and pink twirl skirt from Shrimp and Grits Kids; bishop, capri set and shortalls from Avanini.)






Seriously, could this Mars Sock Monkey from Maribel Made be any cuter?








Visit the Maribel Made Etsy shop here, and check out her adorable blog for more fun photos and details. Find out about custom creations here.










I have been a fan of Kelly Rightsell for a long time and incorporated several of her products into my children's nurseries. Above, several of her adorable art pieces, sure to look great hanging in a little monkey's room. Visit the Kelly Rightsell site here.




I thought this Mac the Monkey three-piece ceramic gift set in matching case was the perfect choice for Jonathan's birthday. I purchased mine in a childrens boutique, but find it on the Kelly Rightsell site here.







I love the attention to detail on these pieces. The rim of the plate says, "My little man filled with joy is our happy sweet little boy."









For monkey adventures, you just can't beat Curious George books. Find a variety of favorite titles here.








We gave our niece Kadence a collection of classic Curious George books, along with this striped sock monkey I found at Wal-Mart.










Due to sewing machine problems, I did not complete this outfit in time for nephew Jonathan's party, but I am hoping he will be able to wear it when he's monkeying around with his family. (Pattern, Butterick B5625; fabric, Beth's Heirloom Fabrics, Wetumpka, Ala.; baby monkey applique, Planet Applique. My machine needs to return to the shop, so special thanks to my friend Kim Isbell for finishing the shortall with applique and button holes.)
 
 
 
This weekend I will be monkeying around in Bowling Green, Ky. If you live nearby, I hope you will join us tomorrow for a ladies day at the Greenwood Park Church of Christ.

 

Blog Widget by LinkWithin